I started out as a freelance writer in university. Then, I became a web editor for two publications.
That role was fun, but I eventually made the leap to my dream job: a content marketer for a B2B tech brand.
Why do I love B2B content marketing so much?
- I like having constraints, hitting business targets and engaging a specific audience. It forces me to be resourceful and inventive.
- I have a creative (read: zany) side and an analytical side. Marketing roles offer the best of both worlds.
- I’ve done consumer writing in the past, but I really love writing content that helps professionals succeed.
My content philosophy is simple:
- There’s always a way to reach company goals and deliver on your audiences’ needs.
- There must always be a balance between quality and quantity. (Just like The Force.)
- Content should NEVER be boring.
I’ve been writing articles for online publications for 7+ years. I’ve worked full time as an online content creator and editor for 6+ years.
Writing words isn’t all I do. Aside from drafting blogs, email copy and eBooks, I’ve also:
- Managed content calendars, newsletters and social media channels
- Optimized content and devised new strategies to improve performance
- Created sponsored content packages to generate revenue
- Executed SEO projects
- Managed a website redesign and migration
- Designed graphics
- Scripted and conceptualized videos
My contact info
Let’s connect if you have content projects you’d like help with, or if you just want to shoot the breeze about content.
Twitter | @jillswood
Linkedin | http://www.linkedin.com/in/jillianwood
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org